M. about the artist
M. Alexandra-Maria Marcus was born into a nature-loving and artistic family in Lockenhaus, the home of Gidon Kremer's Chamber Music Festival, in Austria.
Fascinated from an early age and influenced by her father Helfried Marcus, his deep passion for nature, writing and photography, the Artist's eye of her grandmother Helene Maurer, the stories of the missing grandfather painter and musician, Helmut Marcus, the scent of oil paint in the studio of Ewald Maurer and Tamara Horáková and their powerful sculptures in their garden and last but not least the unforgettable moment with the ´Prima Ballerina` Assoluta Princess Melinda Esterházy - just to name a few.
The close contact with related artists, nature's total work of art, the beauty of a playful artistic education in her childhood, ignited the fire of being and becoming an artist at an early age.
M. studied visual- and performing arts at the University of Arts in Graz, Vienna and Berlin. Drama and Stageplay at the University of Music and Performing Arts in Graz. Contemporary Dance and Choreography in Vienna and Berlin. Design at the College for Fashion in Graz including numerous trainings in Visual Arts.
For many years M. has worked as a dancer and realized numerious projects as a choreographer in the field of Contemporary Dance Theater before moving mainly into painting and drawing in 2013.
M. has been supported for her performing artwork and her paintings by the Federal Land of Styria, Federal Land of Burgenland, the City of Vienna, the City of Graz and by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Arts and Culture.
Her pictures are collected by international collectors like
Dr. Helmut Marko (www.markohotels.com, Red Bull Formular One) and private art lovers like DDr. Bettina Wendl, Gerhard Gutschik, Christine Rathgeb, Susanne Urlesberger and more, as well as by the Austrian government of Art and Culture/Styria.
M. lived and worked many years in Berlin. Currently she lives and works in the countryside in Austria.
Selected performance events and exhibitions such as:
* Artist in Residence "SeaSideStudios" and Gomde Retreat Center, Helgenaes Denmark
* Environmental Artworkshop Ösel Ling Monastery, Kathmandu Nepal
* Groupexhibition "Mandala" Tibethouse, Frankfurt am Main Germany
* Soloexhibition "art and mind" charity artevent, Graz Austria
Art for Sam Dzong/Nepal and Manuel Bauer, https://manuelbauer.ch
* Large-scale art project, Red Bull - Hangar-7, Salzburg Austria
* Large-scale art project, Rudolf Budja Gallery, Vienna Austria
* Large-scale art project, Art and Fashion Quartier21 Musemsquartier, Vienna Austria
* Soloexhibition Domenighaus Graz in cooperation with Dr. Helmut Marko, Graz Austria
* Groupexhibition "Angst" Gallery area53, Vienna Austria
* Groupexhibition "XXI. CENTURY ART DECORATION" Opera Gallery, Budapest Hungary
* Soloexhibition "1:3" Studio Greco, Vienna Austria
* Large-scale art project, "Playground" Spielberg Red Bull Ring, Styria Austria
* Large-scale art project, "Wien ist anders" Former South Railway Station / Ruins, Vienna Austria
* Large-scale art project, "3min70" Dom im Berg, Graz Austria
* Large-scale art project, "coda" Wuk and Wienerfeld, Vienna Austria
* Performance and Installation Sargfabrik, Vienna Austria
* Soloexhibition and Performance Kunsthaus Kern, Berlin Germany
* Performance Sophiensaele, Berlin Germany
and many more...
Writing such as
*Till & Eule (Bandproject)
*Gods Smile (Songbook)
*Chante Ista (Novel)